Your Gateway to Good Health
Here's Why Gateway Omega-3 Is The Best Omeaga-3 You Can Buy
Gateway seal oil omega-3 contains high potency EPA, DHA and DPA, which are all essential polyunsaturated fatty acids. Omega-3 are considered essential because our bodies need them to function optimally at every age. It’s important that we get enough Omega-3 in our diets because our body doesn’t naturally produce them.
When we are born, we have an Omega-6 to Omega-3 ratio of 1:1. Mother’s milk, considered ‘nature’s perfect food’, contains an Omega-3 to Omega-6 ratio of 1:1.
THE DANGEROUS IMBALANCE
Too Much Omega-6
Due to high amounts of Omega-6 in our modern diets, the ratio in our bodies has soared to an average of 20:1 and even as high as 40:1, leading to what many experts have called ‘the dangerous imbalance’ of Omega-6 to Omega-3.Read more
The Dangerous Imbalance
This dangerous imbalance is suspected to have serious long-term health effects, including:
- Chronic Inflammation
- Increased Risk of Heart Disease
- Increased Risk Of Leptin Resistance and certain Autoimmune Diseases
- Reported increases in the pathogenesis of Cancer.
Balance of Omega-3 & Omega-6
Fixing this imbalance with Omega-3 supplementation is truly your gateway to good health. Since Omega-3 cannot be produced in sufficient quantities by human body, we require Omega-3 supplementation to restore the balance.
Omega-3 Supplementation can improve the long-term health of your eyes, brain, joint, bones, heart and nervous system. It truly is a critical step towards a healthy lifestyle.
NOT ALL OMEGA-3 SUPPLEMENTS ARE CREATED EQUAL
FACTS ABOUT FLAX SEED OIL
While it is common to see brands tout ‘Omega-3’ in their eggs, bread and other items – the reality is that Flaxseed only converts to true Omega-3 (converts to DHA and EPA fatty acids) 10% of the time. The remainder of the ALA (the Omega-3 source in Flax) is just burned up as energy or metabolized. 
Of the approximate 10% that does become EPA and DHA – that small percentage is not a complete source of Omega-3, as it lacks DPA fatty acid.
HERE’S WHAT’S FISHY ABOUT FISH OIL
- While Fish Oils have high levels of DHA and EPA, they only have trace amounts of DPA – making it an incomplete source of Omega-3.
- In order to get high levels of DHA and EPA in fish oil supplements, concentrated fish oils are chemically altered through ethylation.
- Fish oils, though a better source of Omega-3 then Flaxseed, are mostly chemically altered. The World Wildlife Organization has identified overfishing as one of today’s largest threats to our planet; fish is an overall unsustainable source of Omega-3, and is not a complete source of Omega-3.
WHY SEAL OIL IS THE MOST COMPLETE SOURCE OF OMEGA-3
Only Harp Seal Oil contains potent levels of EPA and DHA with a third essential fatty acid: DPA fatty acid.
Research into the benefits of DPA Fatty Acid in Omega-3 began with a groundbreaking discovery in a 1980 study. The study found that the 70-year-old Inuk had a healthier heart than the 20-year-old Dane.  Since then, research has linked DPA fatty acid to a lower risk of cardiovascular disease.  Harp seal as a source of Omega-3 contains EPA, DHA and DPA. Studies have shown that the presence of DPA in Omega-3:
- Is better absorbed  Studies have found that DPA Omega-3 is over 22% more effective at increasing Omega-3 levels in the body.
- Is 10X More Effective  DPA is 10X more effective than EPA at repairing damaged blood vessel cell walls.
- Enhances EPA + DHA  The presence of DPA in Omega-3 has shown to enhance the heart and brain boosting benefits of EPA and DHA.
- Benefits Memory and Cognitive Health  Studies show that DPA Omega-3 possesses nonrestorative effects that offer benefits for memory and cognitive health.
WHY GATEWAY OMEGA-3 IS YOUR GATEWAY TO GOOD HEALTH
Gateway seal oil contains the world’s most complete source of Omega-3 (EPA + DHA + DPA).
- As a supplement, seal oil is sustainable, naturally potent, and preferred by those who experience negative side effects from fish oil like fish burps and upset stomach.
- As a brand, Gateway has been manufactured and distributed by Canada’s trusted supplier since 1996. You can find us in stores across Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Our 21-step refining process is the most thorough in the world. We’ve even worked with Canadian and international governments on industry wide standards for quality testing and assurance.
- It’s why Canadian families have trusted Gateway for over 25 years. Our quality assured and all-Canadian Omega-3 is the best supplement you can buy for everyone in the family. We’re proud to say it.
25 Years of Consistent Quality
Each lot of Gateway seal oil has been subject to thorough examination.
A Newfoundland Blessing
Gateway is a licensed Natural Health Product by Health Canada.
From Newfoundland to your home, our product is 100% Canadian. “Whadda y'at?”
Tested & Trusted
Gateway Omega-3 meets or exceeds the standards set by Canadian Food Inspection Agency and Health Canada for harp seal oil.
-  Simopoulos, AP 1991, ‘Omega-3 fatty acids in health and disease and in growth and development’, American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, vol. 54, pp. 457-458.
-  Simopoulos, AP 2002, ‘The importance of the ratio of omega-6/omega-3 essential fatty acids’, Journal of Biomedicine and Pharmacotherapy, 56(8): 365–379.
-  Kaur, Cameron-Smith, et al., Docosapentaenoic Acid (22: 5n-3): A review of its Biological effects, 2010
-  In 1992, the International Atherosclerosis Project (IAP) analyzed the coronary arteries of 23,000 deceased persons from 16 different countries.
-  Kaur, et al., Progress in Lipids Research, 2011 Ethan M. Balk and Alice H. Lichtenstein, et al., Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Cardiovascular disease: Summary of the 2016 agency of healthcare research and quality evidence review, 2017
-  Dr. Ackman and Dr. Holub – Safety of Seal Oil
-  Kanayasu-Toyoda, Morita, Murota, et al., Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids, 1996
-  Nauroth, Liu, Lipids, et al., Lipids, 2010 & Bakken, Hervig, et al., Platelets, 1995
-  Kelly, et al., Neurobiological aging, 2011